Tuesday, June 10, 2008

John McCain: Jan Schakowsky Goes Capt. Queeg on HuffPo: ' a command is a lonely job. It isn't easy to make decisions.'



Last Saturday I sent a letter, along with Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, Judiciary Subcommittee Chairman, Jerald Nadler and 53 other members of the House of Representatives to Attorney General Michael Mukasey asking him to "appoint a special counsel to investigate whether the Bush administration's policies regarding the interrogation of detainees have violated federal criminal laws." It goes on to say, "We believe that ...serious and significant revelations warrant an immediate investigation to determine whether the President, his Cabinet, and other Administration officials are in violation of the War Crimes Act (18 U.S.C. 2441), the Anti-Torture Act, (18 U.S.C. 2340-2340A), and other U.S. and international laws! They were all disloyal. I tried to run the ship properly by the book, but they fought me at every turn. If the crew wanted to walk around with their shirttails hanging out, that's all right, let them! Take the towline - defective equipment, no more, no less. But they encouraged the crew to go around, scoffing at me and spreading wild rumors about steaming in circles and then 'Old Yellowstain.' I was to blame for President Bush's incompetence and poor seamanship. Lieutenant McCain was the perfect officer, but not Captain Jan. Ah, but the strawberries! That's, that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, and with, with geometric logic, that, that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox did exist. And I would have produced that key if they hadn't pulled the Congress out of action. I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officer. (Jan pauses - looks at all the questioning faces that stare back at her, and realizes that she has been ranting and raving. Steven Webber Chirps " Iwish I wrote This! It is So . . . Bobbyesque! Roy Secoff gnaws on walnuts and giigles like Olbermann in the bathtub!) Naturally, I can only cover these things from memory...



Jan, and You Want to My Latex Salesman! I mean Senator.

No comments: