Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chicago Catholic League 100th Anniversary Mass


LEO's Jay Standing -“My junior year we made the playoffs and I think we lost to Mendel. My senior year we tied Rita and we played Gordon Tech at Soldier Field Stadium. At halftime, I was sprawled out, I was so tired and the manager came out and said: ‘There are some Notre Dame people here and if you play well, you can get a scholarship.’ I told him just to get away. We beat Gordon Tech and then we played Loyola the following week but we lost to them.It was the worst game that everybody had. Loyola beat us up and down. They won fair and square. I played running back but I also played flanker. We had a quarterback that could throw the ball a mile but I could never got off the line. I was a big part of the offense. I could catch the ball and run like the wind, and it was so easy for me. Loyola would double team me, and I could never get the ball. Loyola ended up being in the Prep Bowl.”

Thats's Catholic League!

For one hundred years, The Catholic League of Chicago has provided young men and women an opportunity to excel in athletics.

Today, at Holy Family Church on Chicago's near west side, a Mass will be celebrated by Francis Cardinal George in commemoration of this century of Faith, Fellowship and Family.

CHICAGO CATHOLIC LEAGUE - 100TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION 


The Chicago Catholic League and its member schools cordially invite you to the one hundredth anniversary celebration on Sunday, August 19, 2012.   Mass will be celebrated at 3:00 PM in Holy Family Church - 1080 W. Roosevelt Road, Chicago, Illinois.  A reception will follow at 4:30 PM at St. Ignatius College Prep - 1076 W. Roosevelt Road, Chicago, Illinois.


No comments: