Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dearth of a Salesman - President Obama Reports on His Asia Junket!


Has a president ever been less successful on a trip overseas than President Obama has on his eight-day excursion to Asia? I've been covering presidents since Gerald Ford and I can't think of one.
Weekly Standard 11/19/09

Willie Loman was not a President but he is playing one now!

My Fellow Americans*,

I realized what a ridiculous lie my whole life has been. A small man can be just as exhausted as a great man.The man who makes an appearance in the business world, the man who creates personal interest, is the man who gets ahead. Be liked and you will never want.

After eight years of Bush and Cheney -The man knew what he wanted and went out and got it! Walked into a jungle and comes out, the age of twenty-one, and he's rich!
He's liked, but he's not well liked. He's not the finest character that ever lived. But he's a human being, and a terrible thing is happening to him. So attention must be paid. He's not to be allowed to fall in his grave like an old dog. Attention, attention must finally be paid to such a person.

I'm the New England man. I'm vital in New England. As America's first Pacific President, I promise you that this Pacific nation will strengthen and sustain our leadership in this vitally important part of the world.I've got to get some seeds. I've got to get some seeds, right away. Nothing's planted. I don't have a thing in the ground.



After all the highways, and the trains, and the appointments, and the years, you end up worth more dead than alive.
Before it's all over we're gonna get a little place out in the country, and I'll raise some vegetables, a couple of chickens…


* Death of Salesman - Arthur Miller + Dearth of a Salesman - President Barack Obama

http://www.allgreatquotes.com/death_ofa_salesman_quotes.shtml

No comments: