Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hickey - What I Dream Can Come True!


A beautiful young woman of my acquaintance, asked me 'What goes on in that head of yours?'

Generally speaking - cartoon re-runs; recipes; Sandra Lee Fantasies; staged coups of selected local governments; revenge fantasies; footnotes; memoranda; and day dreams - Los Suenos Impossibles!

I wish Mankind well and individual dip-stick bipeds a personal hornet's nest in their skivvies.

I do not believe that Barbara Flynn-Curry looked at the late memo by Senator Burris that has caused him to be immortal - as a goof. There was no Democrat Plot to conceal - Burris tucked it in like a Kid with a bad report card is all.

I believe that Illinois Rep. James Durkin is the only hero in this Roland Burris mess, but GOP rivals, Democrats Progressives and hack journalists will try to do him some dirt and damn with faint praise.

I can not Believe that the GOP will blow this opportunity to retake a U.S. Senate Seat - but they will.

I believe that Rainier Beer is a fine Domestic Beer - one of my favorites along with Berghoff, Drewerys, Augsburger, Huber, Rhinelander, and Leinenkugle - and it can be captured by men of steely resolve and hearts of oak!


Christ to shield me today
Against poison, against burning,
Against drowning, against wounding,
So that there may come to me abundance of reward.
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.



Ma’s math leat sìth, càirdeas, agus cluain—éisd, faic,‘us fuirich sàmhach."

("If you wish peace, friendship, and quietness: listen, look, and be silent)

4 comments:

JBP said...

I always thought you were preparing a musical version of Hogan's Heroes, in some dark crevice of your noggin.

JBP

pathickey said...

My Dear Mr. Powers,

I will have you know that there is no crevice, cranny, nook, cache, cavern or ante-room in that vast concavity - BTW -it would be a re-enactment of 'Hogan's Goat,' starring Jane Addams and Willima Lloyd Garrison . . .as the Beaver!

M McKenna said...

Pat, that sounds alot like "the Deers Cry", a staple at Irish funerals, is it?

pathickey said...

I believ it is also called that - usually I have heard it refered to as ."St. Patrick's Breastplate"

Thanks for dropping by Brother McKenna!