Monday, March 03, 2008

John McCain: Seventy Three Year Old Playboy Bunny Mocks McCain Heroism and Patriotism



“Suppose John McCain had been Joan McCain and Joan McCain had got captured, shot down and been a POW for eight years. [The media would ask], ‘What did you do wrong to get captured? What terrible things did you do while you were there as a captive for eight years?’” Steinem said, to laughter from the audience.

McCain was, in fact, a prisoner of war for around five-and-a-half years, during which time he was tortured repeatedly. Referring to his time in captivity, Steinem said with bewilderment, “I mean, hello? This is supposed to be a qualification to be president? I don’t think so.”

Steinem’s broader argument was that the media and the political world are too admiring of militarism in all its guises.

“I am so grateful that she [Clinton] hasn’t been trained to kill anybody. And she probably didn’t even play war games as a kid. It’s a great relief from Bush in his jump suit and from Kerry saluting.”

To the Observer, Steinem insisted that “from George Washington to Jack Kennedy and PT-109 we have behaved as if killing people is a qualification for ruling people


Let's see here . . . Septuagenarian Playboy Bunny mocks John McCain's Service.

John McCain would not knock Gloria's service -

'Hey, Stems! Wiggle that Cotton-tail over here with two packs of Luckies, Four beers, a bump of Lord Calvert and a promise not to grab my wallet off the dresser. You got room in that Bunny Suit for a Sailor and his First Mate? You bet,Stems. Here's a double saw-buck, Stems - go to Vassar.'

That Old Trim served one too many cocktails in way too tight satin and nine inch heels. Hef has yet to make a statement. Let's see . . . Hillary has locked in the solid support of Willie Cunningham, Bunny Steinem, Anne Coulter, . . . she can't lose.

4 comments:

colecurtis said...

I wondered why you had not sent me the latest installment on the blog and now I see why. MMMhMMm I am going to have to start keeping a closer eye on you Mistah Pat, you are beginning to get into trouble over here by yourself from the looks of things. What in the world have have you been up to or should I say what hadn't you been up too? you could have sent me the link Mistah pat it wouldn't have made me blush.
V

Geezer said...

Pat-
That bunny looks like my old flame!
So you have her number?
Nof

pathickey said...

Don't we all, Francis! Don't we all.

D said...

I'm going to hope that the effect you were going for was to mock Gloria Steinem's collapsing of the McCain campaign into praise for his veteran record by collapsing her incredible journalistic and activist career into her essay about life as a Playboy Bunny.

Sadly, I know you didn't think it through that well.