Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ukranian Artist Oksanna Mas - Madonna Mosaic -in Easter Eggs


This morning's 8:30 A. M. Mass at Sacred Heart Catholic Church included John' Gospel account of the Miracle at Cana - Christ obeys his Mother's wish not to allow a young couple the embarrassment of running out of wine at their wedding feast.

Jesus asks his Mom - And Jesus said to her, "O woman, what have you to do with me? My hour has not yet come. His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."

The Deal was done.

Great wine out of water and the young couple was saved an embarrassment.

Twelve years ago today, my beloved wife Mary went home to Christ and His Mother.

Our three children were raised by a notorious knucklehead and somehow became fine young people. God's Mother and Nora, Conor and Clare's mother have interceded for them for twelve years.

I pray the Memorare every morning and often throughout the day as well, Hell, I need all the intercessions I can get. I still manage to embarrass my kids; speak sharply to them; hurt their feelings and manage to make the poor things know that they have lost their dear mother.

Mary my wife and Mary my Intercessor - I am sorry for managing to make Eternity seem even longer with my folly.

A beautiful Ukranian artist Oksanna Mas has unveiled a stunning mosaic of the Madonna in painted wooden Easter eggs. I caught this story this morning after Mass.


Ukrainian artist Oksana Mas has created an unusual mosaic portrait of the Virgin Mary, using 15,000 painted Easter Eggs.

Unveiled yesterday, inside the gorgeous Saint Sophia Cathedral in Kyiv, the giant mosaic weighs 2.5 tons and is made out of 15,000 wooden Easter Eggs. Oksana Mas started working on her masterpiece nine months ago, painting the eggs all by herself, but later children from all across the country got involved and helped out with the painting.

The Easter-egg portrait of the Virgin Mary, by Oksana Mas, measures 7×7 meters.

1 comment:

Maria LĂșcia said...

Beautifully!