Saturday, March 10, 2012

Two Aussie's Talking European - President Obama Can't Speak Austrian; how about Australian?


I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everybody.
Barack Obama

Q Sonja Sagmeister from a little country, Austria, from Austrian Television. Mr. President, you said you came here to learn and to listen. So a quite personal question -- what did you learn from your personal talk with the European leaders? And did this change in a certain way your views on Europe and its politics?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: It's an interesting question. I had already formed relationships with many of them. Some of them I had met when I traveled through Europe before my election. Some of them I had met because they came to Washington after the election. This is the first time I've been in a forum with so many of them at the same time. . . .It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian -- wheeling and dealing -- and, you know, people are pursuing their interests, and everybody has their own particular issues and their own particular politics.
White House Transcripts: April 4, 2009
NEWS CONFERENCE BY PRESIDENT OBAMA (emphasis my own)




Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.---Unknown
Huge Ht to Elias Crim of the Great States of Texas and Indiana

No comments: