Saturday, May 31, 2008

John McCain: Bud Day Speaks of Service to a Cause Creater Than Oneself & Barack Obama Distances Himself from Friends and Quits His Church




ABARDEEN, S.D. (AP) Barack Obama is resigning a 20 year membership in Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. It comes in the wake of inflammatory remarks by former Reverend Jeremiah Wright and a flap over derisive remarks by a visiting pastor last week targeting Hillary CLinton.

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.
Seantor Barack Obama 2008


Throughout his life, John has fought for what he believes is right for the United States. He lives to serve causes greater than himself. He is running for president not to be somebody, but to do something.

That is courage. That is leadership.

John McCain is battle tested — in combat and in Washington. We served with John and know the truth: There is no better man to lead us through the challenging times our nation faces today and on to our best days that lie ahead.
Col. Bud Day 2008

No comments: