Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Director John 'Prancer' Hancock Opts to Film Billy Ayers 'Fugitive Days'



I was coaching football at La Lumiere School during the late summer and fall when Director John Hancock filmed a nice Christmas film called 'Prancer.'

In fact, Jane Lundberg, who cooked at La Lumiere School ( alma mater of USSC Chief Justice John Roberts, Hollywood Director Paris Barclay, Comedian Jim Gaffigan and attended by the late Chris Farley) babysat for Katherine Ross and Sam Elliot's children. My wife, daughter Nora and I used to run into the 'Movie Stars' at Harry Jorgensen's great Prairie Tavern in Rolling Prairie, Indiana. All of Hancock's movie Prancer was filmed in LaPorte ( 700 North East of Fail Road for Home Shots), In and Three Oaks, MI - in Galien Township where the Hancock Apple Orchard provided the the setting.

We were briefly a Hoosier Hollywood.

Now, I read that John Hancock has the option on the Billy Ayers story. Good luck with that Mr. Hancock.

I loved Prancer and Bang the Drum Slowly. If the Billy Ayers saga gets out of the can, which he himself managed to avoid, I'll take a pass.

Click my post title for the Hollywood skinny

No comments: