Expect non-stop ‘all Burge all the time’ from the hard hitting cadre of investigative journalists and opinion slingers.
TV News Nitwits will adjust the odd comb-over and honey-do tresses and get all steely eyed.
Remember Millionaire Lefty Lawyer G. Flint Taylor (long time pal of Billy Ayers they go WAAAAY back!) brokered this Burge Story. He was last heard from while being sued by Urban Translator and Repentant Gang-banger Emeritus Wallace Gator Bradley, late of the Queen’s Own Gangster Disciples. G. Flint will no doubt want his cut, Tribune and STNG. He had to wrestle the Gator to keep his Burge Boodle!
Our own home grown newshounds could not pick up on the fact that Paul Vallas might have been a great person to call regarding Obama/Ayers Annenberg Playtime. It took a New York Post story to awaken the Nuanced Eric Zorn. They have awakened a sleeping Pygmy!
Here's the Deal:
1. No physical or corroborating evidence ever has been brought to bear in any number of attempts to bring Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge to trial
2. It seems to me that the media got on board of the bus driven entirely by radicals of Peoples Law Office, which succeeded in drawing in the national media back in the 1970's to discredit the FBI - G. Flint Taylor was that Boy Wonder and he brokered the media's love affair with this issue.
3. Four Mayors - Byrne, Washington, Orr, and Sawyer did nothing to spark inquiry into the issue
4. G. Flint Taylor and his cooperating witnesses - The Chicago Media - have orchestrated the case.
5. Okay, Fitzy! Let's see what you have.
6. I would not know Jon Burge if he walked on me. I do not know if he tortured anyone and neither did the Commission that spent 7 million dollars - that did not give Flint Taylor his money. Prove it Fitzy. I have yet to beimpressed with the Federal Prosecutor. I do know that the Chicago Media sees him as the poster boy for Justice and Jon Burge for all the evil and systemic racism that helps sell newspapers. They'll help you take Burge down, Fitzy! No worries there.
7. This trial is over as far as the media is concerned. Justice and the search for truth has nothing to do with it. Click my post title to get the perspective of the real victims in all this - The Police Officers.