Monday, February 01, 2010

Preckwinkle Campaign Calling!


“We take the support we can from every corner,” says Preckwinkle’s campaign manager Scott Cisek.

Toni Robo Calling - Hi, 19th Ward Resident, as you know . . .Toni Preckwinkle is brainy and really fun. A University of Chicago Policy Wonk who loves a great Abortion! . . .

Toni Robo is my name. I am not. I am as male as you are, Sir. Probably more so. I was a Naval Reserve Ensign. I write children's books. . . .Listen. . . .

Yes, I am calling from a phonebooth in Hyde Park . . .we are allowed to have them. and no this is not a Robo call - Toni hates them! . . .What else? . . .

Toni Hates Mayor Daley . . .No, wait aminute . . .Toni Preckwinkle Loves Mayor Daley. Yes. . . .Yes. . . .

Yes, It is a shoulder bag and not a purse. How can you know that? These? Where are you? Yes, I know that I am calling you , Sir! These are my own personal care products - Please, let me continue. . . .

. . . Cook County Needs Toni Preckwinkle . . .to take Todd Stoger's Seat and beat back the white Irish Power structure Terry O'Brien. No, I said Toni Loves Mayor Daley! . . .Well, she Hates that He is Irish of course, but he can't help that, but O'Brien can. . . .No, I am not trying to pick a fight with your daughters . . .Sir, let me finish. . . .

Toni and Zeus need your vote on February Second - Vote for Toni Preckwinkle for Cook County Assessor!
(Voice Over strirring Election Muzak)
I'm Toni Preckwinkle and I approve of my Candidacy.

En Iglese Press Dos. En Espanole . . .got czy nie macie

But is Alderman Toni Preckwinkle getting his endorsement by proxy?

A Preckwinkle fundraiser next week will be co-hosted by Marilyn Katz, a heavyweight Daley backer whose public relations firms handles city business.
. . .


The mayor has appeared at at least one of Preckwinkle’s fundraisers, too.

The Jan. 11 fundraiser, held at the home of Democratic high-rollers Lew and Susan Manilow, is co-hosted by a list of donors who figured prominently in Barack Obama's 2008 campaign.

One of them is Micheal Bauer, whose involvement in the Obama campaign stirred controversy in 2007. Bauer was accused of plundering a family trust fund of $300,000, and barred from practicing law for nine months, according to published reports.

Bauer said the money went to prop up a failing business, though records show at the same time he donated $300,000 to local and national political candidates.

“It’s a family dispute, and I don’t think it’s anybody’s business,” Bauer told the Sun-Times in 2007. “My brother consented to me taking the money out ... I had a business at the time that was losing a lot of money. It was to try to keep the business afloat until I could sell it.”

No comments: