Tuesday, December 03, 2019

I Need a Top Coat, Life Insurance, the Love of a. Good Woman, More Fruits and Grains - ‘The Irishman? ‘ Not So Much




Any number of friends acquaintances, strangers and passers-bye have told me that I “need to see Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman.

I need to see this 31/2 hour epic story of a Frank Sheerin, a pathological killer who may have had something to do with disappearing Jimmy Hoffa?  I need this entertainment outing , why?

Plum evades me.

Can’t get roused to stir up even a modicum of interest to decline the offering to spend whatever the market will bear NETFLIX, or Marty.

I have never seen Frozen, the 50 Shades of Anything, Taken 1,2,3. & 4 among most films trotted since 1999.

I have yet to see an episode of

  • Will & Grace
  • The TV Show About Brainiac Nerds
  • 60 minutes since the death of Andy Rooney
  • States of Union
  • Maud
  • Brady Bunch in all of its manifestations
  • Presidential Medals of Freedom
  • Public Television -since the last episde of I, Claudius
  • Bill O’Reilly
  • Sean Hannity
  • Rachel Maddox
  • Chicago Tonight - since Phil Ponce ambushed Hank Lentzen
  • Mass for the Shut-ins
  • Family Guy
  • The Real O’Neals
  • Anderson Cooper
  • Meet the Press
The last good movie that I watched at the Show ( a movie theatre) was A Little Chaos with the immortal Allan Rickman as Louis XIV of France. 

I am leading rich and full life, even though I have not purchased tickets for Hamilton.  I am not that woke. 

No,  I will shed my mortal husk without seeing The Irishman. 

Knock yourselves out!

3 comments:

JAWilson said...

I sat through it and have to agree with your opinion from afar. The older I get the harder it is to watch movies about gangsters and their criminality, but i did. And check out the shoes Deniro is sporting in that shot!

Mike Petrik said...

Yeah, I can only speculate that those "lifts" were never actually seen on film and were there to make the character appear taller.

Dennis Byrne... said...

You remember I Claudius? Good lord, how old are you? (Disclosure: I saw it when I was in my 30s.)